JEAL Issue 7 (2017) ---CALL FOR PAPERS
The Journal of Ethnic American Literature , Issue 7 (2017), guest-edited by Maryemma Graham and Jerry W. Ward, Jr. will focus on the works of Gwendolyn Brooks and Margaret Walker. The editors are especially interested in scholarly articles on the following topics:
· Walker's essays and autobiographical writing (journals)
· Report from Part One and Report from Part Two
· Maud Martha
· Walker's dialogue with Nikki Giovanni in Poetic Equation
· Brooks, Walker, and African American ballad and sonnet traditions
· Walker and African American Humanism
· Walker's biographical writing: Richard Wright and Sister Thea Bowman
· Folklore in the poetry of Brooks and Walker
· The critical reception of Brooks and Walker
· Walker and Literary Property Rights: The Case Against Alex Haley's Roots
· Print history and works by Brooks and Walker
· Brooks and children's literature
· Bibliographic essays on the papers of Brooks and Walker
· Digital humanities and pedagogy in the study of Brooks and Walker
· Brooks, Walker and narrative poetry
One-page abstracts should be emailed to Maryemma Graham (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Jerry W. Ward, Jr. (email@example.com) by March 1, 2016.
The deadline for final drafts of accepted articles is December 31, 2016.
Published annually, JEAL is a referred scholarly journal which welcomes articles based on new research and criticism in ethnic American literatures.